Across the games, there are a number of Easter eggs that can be found.
The Room Two
There are a few clues around the Séance level in The Room Two that are keywords for the typewriter. Known keywords include:
- Null - "The Null is nothing. The Null is everything."
- Death - "The worse fate is life."
- Life - "Merely a shadow, a trick of the light."
- Light - "Where there is light, there is truth."
- Truth - "There is no truth. There is no light. There is Null."
- Home - "No place."
- Science - "She never forsook me."
- Knowledge - "Power."
- Power - "Knowledge."
- AS - "Am I the player? Am I the prey?"
- Prey - "Ask yourself this: where are the others?"
- Others - "Maggy! Grayson! Rigby! Baia! Hirst! How am I alone?"
- Maggy - "We were wrong. They came and they took us."
- Grayson - "We should have stayed away! They were never meant to be real!"
- Rigby - "We tried to fight them when they came. We tried."
- Baia - "They may take us, but our people will not follow. My. Our."
- Hirst - "We should be drowned. A captain should go down with our ship.
- Whatsinthebox (what's in the box) - "Another box."
- Crowley - "He'll find not his demons here."
- Thecircle (the Circle) - "Crowley and his blind fools."
- Demons - "Prey, along with the rest."
There may be keywords that are still unknown.
Null Goop Egg
In The Lab level of The Room Two, once both handles have been placed on the small font next to the battery charging station, the Null goop inside becomes movable. By moving the inner handle to the "S" with two dots, and moving the outer handle to the "ss", a skeletal face can be seen.
- The relief of the stone face with the open mouth in The Temple is the same which can be seen through a viewing screen in the penultimate chapter of The Room.
- In the Séance, a number of the pictures on the walls are of Grey Holm.
- A medicinal tonic made by Talisman can be found in the cabinet of Montfaucon's Lab.
- On the battery charging machine, there is a Talisman patent label. At the bottom of this label, under "Authorising Manager, is a signature which appears to read "N. Tesla" - possibly in reference to inventor Nikola Tesla.
- The title screen shows a pocket watch, which displays the time that your device is currently displaying.
The Room Three
- Drawings of the safe from Chapter One of The Room are found in two places; first in the Forge, where its blueprint rests against a wall in the main room, and briefly in the Library when the book acquired from the Null altar is placed on the lectern to open the elevator, the drawing being in the book.
- In The Forge, a large hand-painted sign for the company Talisman can be seen up against a wall, partially hidden by some crates and other debris.
- Among the background assets for the game are many hidden details, including newspaper clippings referencing the burning of AS's Manor, a marriage certificate written in Russian, and a certificate of graduation for an academy for the arts.
The Room: Old Sins
After finding the two radio messages in The Room: Old Sins, it is possible to change the frequency on the radio to find three secret frequencies. When the right frequencies are found, the light of the radio will flicker and a heavily distorted voice will play. The player must return to the Curiosity Room to adjust the pitch and speed. When they do, they will hear what appear to be communications of The Circle.
"Collector Hydrus is proving a valuable acquisition. His methods may be vulgar, but there is no doubting his abilities. Nevertheless, he will be closely observed. History must not be allowed to repeat."
"We should have foreseen the betrayal of Collector Hydrus’s predecessor. He was our most gifted collector, and his escape with our samples was unfortunate. We were unwise to trust one who valued science over faith."
"Collector Hydrus is already showing signs of disunity. We failed to act before, and we will not be caught idle again. His current assignment will be his last."
Interestingly, all three stations have a first and last digit that total the number 12 when added together. The significance of this is unknown.
At the end of The Room: Old Sins, if the player waits to place the Null Sample in the case, three hints will come up. These hints reveal what the protagonist (Collector Hydrus) is thinking in that moment.
Hint 1: "I should place the Null element inside my case. My employers are waiting."
Hint 2: "Perhaps they should wait indefinitely. There is much I could achieve with a sample such as this..."
Hint 3: "No, not yet. I must bide my time."
- In the Curiosity Room, the anatomical model's right arm is the mechanical arm seen and interacted with in the Forge of The Room Three.
- In the Curiosity Room, one of Abigail's drawings of the apparatus delivered by the Circle features the device created by A.S. to contain and harness a Null sample as seen in Chapter Four of The Room.
The Room VR: A Dark Matter
- At the beginning and end of the game, the name "Fireproof" can be seen from the police station, painted on a nearby factory wall. This is in reference to the developers, Fireproof Games.
- Several pictures on the walls of The Witch's cottage make reference to The Room: Old Sins. Specifically, a small portrait of Abigail Lockwood and a photo of Waldegrave Manor can be seen.
Bible verses can be found throughout the games.
Rev. 6:05 - On the back of the photograph in Chapter 1.
- "When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand."
Job 38:17 - On the Limited Edition Table in Chapter 4.
- "Have the gates of death been shown to you? Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?"
The Room Two
Rev. 3:8 - In some versions of The Room Two, on the stone the rope goes into in Chapter 5.
- "I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name."
The Room Three
Rev. 12:9 - On the floor of the Observatory, in the doorway to the telescope room.
- "The great dragon was hurled down - that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him."
Prov. 14:15 - On the floor of the Observatory, in the doorway to the map room.
- "The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps."
The Room: Old Sins
Job 12:22 - Inside the lamp in the tutorial.
- "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light. "
The Room VR: A Dark Matter
- "So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see."
Game Paused Egg
In the pause menu, if the player taps on the Game Paused icon five times, a new menu will appear, prompting them with the option to skip the current chapter. In The Room: Old Sins, it instead allows them to select which room to start from. It is presumably a developer tool to allow the developers to skip levels to test later ones. The developers mentioned this tool in the help section of The Room: Old Sins. This tool is not available in the original Room, nor is it availible in The Room VR: A Dark Matter either, although it is possible to skip levels on a profile where the game has been completed before.